The Board of Immigration Appeals has determined that an individual who enters the United States on a fiance visa, marries the petitioner, but divorces before adjusting status to lawful permanent residence, cannot adjust unless the fiance visa petitioner signs an affidavit of support.

The full text of Matter of Song can be found here: